Tuesday 29 May 2018

Stickers would be a good alternative to cookies. Food as a reward is a hard habit to break so we shouldn't be encouraging it.

Stickers would be a good alternative to cookies. Food as a reward is a hard habit to break so we shouldn't be encouraging it.

I admit, I am an adult trainer. On Valentine's day this year I gave out glow in the dark window jellies to people who chose to attend training on their scheduled day off. (they were shooting stars, UFOs and moons btw) No one left them which is a promising sign. I did mention they were child safe.

I know teachers have time restrictions but primary school events I remember are teachers reading to us (grade 4), movies on occasional Friday afternoons (grade 1-3), teachers in my town seem to have options so food isn't always the reward.


http://www.weightymatters.ca/2018/05/a-school-principal-blocked-me-on.html

1 comment:

  1. The school board’s psychologist standing up for Oreos, not for a trained volunteer calling for healthier alternatives! That is pure Go Along, Get Along marching in lockstep. Here in the U.S. at least, that’s what has happened to education. Everybody has to support the policy, and the policy often is made behind closed doors for the benefit of, say, Nabisco, not students.

    ReplyDelete