Monday 20 August 2018

Do you think drinking water is integral to weight loss? Studies show it has no effect on calories consumed.

Do you think drinking water is integral to weight loss? Studies show it has no effect on calories consumed.

Drinking water before going to an all you can eat buffet didn't significantly reduce the how many calories were consumed at the buffet - although perhaps more calories were burned running to the bathroom:) I've switched to drinking Bengal Spice tea instead of pop just because I like the flavour and it satisfies my thirst when water doesn't. I'm definitely a drink when thirsty type, including sips during exercise class.
http://www.weightymatters.ca/2018/08/two-new-studies-pour-cold-water-on.html

11 comments:

  1. Yah, I just never have been able to do that water guzzling thing and I seem to do alright. If I'm thirsty, I drink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe now that I'm retired I can take that time out to pee...or do more useful things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helps to stave off hunger by keeping the tummy occupied. Just my take.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, except the desire to eat isn't solely based on whether one's tummy is occupied or not. I have never seen that point better illustrated than here: ted.com - A simple way to break a bad habit

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not integral to weight loss, but it is integral to hydration at least. And it helps with the hunger.

    ReplyDelete
  6. extra, extra read all about it.
    Even better self picked Camilla. Forget that processed stuff you buy in the super market. That tasted disgusting.
    Drinking lot of water with Camilla as a tea has the added bonus of cleansing the body especially the skin.
    Camilla is a natural and mild bio disinfectant. To the point that the Germans drink it only in times of illness. I get many a raised eye brow when I tell them it is my replacement for all the other types of tea on the market and I drink it every day.
    After just one month on the tea coupled with an intense work out and a one meal a day fasting diet, It resulted in a cleansed and lighter body. I'm never going back to high consumption of black tea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If it lessens your desire to eat, obviously it can promote weight loss. But not directly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brian Arbenz Correct. Losing it requires a combination of strategies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eat no high fructose corn syrup, eat less than 8 percent carbs, walk frequently. That has worked for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brian Arbenz Thanks for the tip. I will be trying it.

    ReplyDelete