Saturday 26 January 2019

Sometimes music just takes you back


Blue Rodeo was the cool down song at spin today. Boy does that take me back. It was my theme song when we were leaving Calgary. It was not a happy time for me; I had a research position I really enjoyed, I liked our house, neighbourhood and circle of friends. Yet, our circle was dispersing as post docs moved for permanent positions.

The end of the song ... the same snow is fall into the deep dark wonder of the waves of my heart ... along with the theme of leaving a relationships prompted me really think about what I wanted and where I was going. Change was coming, was I going it alone at least for awhile? Could I live with myself if I didn't?

And here I am over 20 years later. Plugging along, enjoying life with a partner with same core values. I did the right thing:)

No comments:

Post a Comment