Tuesday 7 May 2019

More Shiny Things - Galaxy Buds first look

I've been searching for a pair of BT in ear buds for quite awhile. I've had the ones with the cable and tried a couple of the 2 individual styles including the original IconX and some Airpod dupes by fun 7. The Galaxy Buds sounded perfect for my needs - just reasonably good sounding playback - no health monitoring or storage needed.


My problem is always my right and left ears have different canal sizes and I'm never sure whether to go smaller or larger with the silicone inserts - it makes lightweight an essential part of comfort. Combine that with limited opportunity to actually listen uninterrupted and I don't have a lot of incentive to get something that works unless it's amazing. These may be it.

Started by charging on my wireless duo. Awesome. Set up was super simple because I have an S8. Open the case, connect option comes up and connect. Once connected the next time the case is open the, put them in and tap to listen. There isn't a complex number of gestures. Tap once, twice, thrice, hold right and hold left. I have right set for Google as the assistant and the left for ambient sound. The sound isolation works really well; I bumped up the base a little and things sound pretty good.

After I wear them around for awhile I'll try connecting them to my watch and do an update.


No comments:

Post a Comment