Saturday 20 March 2021

Pandemic 1 year on

March 14th was my last in person exercise class. I regretted attending a spin class and by Monday all other leisure activities were shut down. So it's been a year since I last attending an indoor class. That and wearing a mask inside public spaces is where my personal line for pandemic activities was drawn and that's well within the scope of local restrictions.

I read an article saying a lot of people would be not renewing gym memberships when they are able as new exercise paradigms will take over. That may be for some but I can't believe how much I am looking forward to getting back to in person classes. While there are in person classes right now, you have to wear a mask. My nose cries all winter so it makes more sense to me to Zoom in than constantly remove my mask to wipe my nose🤷‍♀️. My space is not bad and zoom is great for connecting if you can't be there in person.

Most of my social circles are from exercise classes I've joined. From golf foursomes to work opportunities to coffee visits found through exercise class. Friends I miss seeing are from exercise class. It's a great way to have casual interactions with people you have something in common with. We had outside classes last summer which were great - this is what physical distancing for health looks like.

I went to the gym to pick up a prize I won and I was surprised at how much I missed walking there and using the space. We'll be vaccinated this spring and hopefully some indoor activities will be mask less for fall🤞 .



No comments:

Post a Comment