Monday 30 September 2024

A Health update - getting old does mysterious things to your body. Get used to it.

 

This all started when I had this bizarrely high BP for a few days. My BP today was 111/80 but I'm used to seeing 97/68. My heart rate seems higher than it was but it's in the normal range for my age. 

I have now had a plethora of tests evaluating heart/vascular function and, adrenal glands, because of the calcium buildup on my lens. Apparently, I'm just getting old. I looked at my results and it seems one heart valve is getting stiffer, and another couple are leaky and swishy but, for now, there's nothing urgent. 

On a happy note, the buildup on my lens seems to have resolved itself after a couple of eye pain events at the end of July. I called my optometrist and she saw me the same day. She was curious because very few people have eye pain then better vision😁My neutrophils are back at their normal low level instead of "concerning doctors" low levels.

The only change I was told to make was to drink water and I finally took that seriously upping my water to 1500 mL/day. I also started adding Taurine to my morning oatmeal because ... I don't know why, I read something. I've also been food logging along with my spouse because I want to get my serving size under control and cut back on sugar. I wear a Galaxy Watch so I can see blood oxygen levels and check my BP if I feel overly fatigued.

It seems every 10 years or so I get an extended interaction with the Canadian medical system so the next go should be as I approach 75? Hopefully, I'll have the same level of care and recovery that I've had so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment