Monday 11 September 2017

If you ever doubted self regulation was code for me and my buddies...

If you ever doubted self regulation was code for me and my buddies...

The government can't do the press accreditation - that seems fair and right. To determine who should - they get a retired journalist to review the situation and then adopt all the advised policies. That has to be unnerving. It would take time to spin up an accreditation system when you are used to just taking money for memberships.

Journalism is shifting. Much of mainstream media echoes press releases and does little analysis. Or they are very biased and reluctant to admit it. There is a lot of political comentary by non-professionals. I wouldn't want to be implementing an accreditation body at this point.

http://albertapolitics.ca/2017/09/outraged-rebel-shut-alberta-legislature-press-gallery-wont-help-role-said-government-must-drop/

No comments:

Post a Comment