Sunday 29 September 2019

Time for more reviews

I really don't feel like we spend that much money on "stuff" but we do😟 Here are three more new things I've been been using.


When we installed the two stage flush mechanism the float mechanism was damaged (AKA, I did something to the float arm to break it) so we also changed the float system. It was very picky to balance to ensure the half flush worked properly. So far we're mostly liking the system but we have to be careful to press the flush mechanism properly. We're thinking of just going to a low volume toilet as the dual flush ones we can afford use the same amount of water on full flush as our current toilet. We'll send the existing to a second hand store for resale. Home improvements just never end.

I grew up using a facecloth and just water. Then I started using wipes when eye-shadow improved pigmentation.  I tried the eye "magic cloths" from Sephora and they really worked well. When I saw these at Bed, Bath and Beyond  I thought I would give them a try. They are really good for cleaning your face and removing some facial oils (if you have oily skin), especially if you do a moisturizing step. They are large enough that I can use 1/2 one day and 1/2 another and I just put them in the laundry with workout clothes. (the other 2 are grey and blue in case you were wondering.)

The third item is not Bennie but the adjustable leash. When I got it I found it was pretty clunky. Much easier to use the old Rogz hooked to a belt or belt loop. With a heavier coat season coming this leash will work great either at the waist or over the shoulder. I can also just clip a treat bag to the leash. Face it; any leash is inconvenient. In a dream world Bennie would be connected to me by an invisible line - no leash required. Also - Bennie is growing German Shepard ears!

Lifestyle products - who knew there were so many! Toilet change - seriously, you can do this! Try before calling a plumber. There are deluxe versions of the face clothes but I can't see them being any more effective. And if you're a DIYer with a sewing machine you could make the leash but I don't think at a much lower cost but you could customize the hardware.

No comments:

Post a Comment